Thursday, February 23, 2012

Har Mar Barnes and Noble

While the store itself is pretty good, there's nothing noble, and everything barn-like about this bathroom. Upon stepping into this bathroom, one's eyes are greeted with a reasonably clean bathroom, decent counter and tile (though old) and several spots in which to complete your transaction.

But when you finally have to breathe in, usually from the nose like most normal people, the gag reflex kicks in big time. Your olfactory glands will be wrangled into a full-nelson of putridness rivaled only by an actual animal smell.

The smell, oh the smell.

In the many years of patronizing this store, I have maybe one or two times found this bathroom's smell to be tolerable. Typically, it smells like someone has dropped a prime deuce nearly bringing one to vomit on each trip. To say it smelled like something died would not even begin to describe it. It smells more like the handicap stall has been turned into a cage for bigfoot.

If you find yourself in this store and have to go, 1 or 2, skip it, go across the hall to homegoods, or even one of the mall bathrooms.


Vital stats:


3 stall

2 urinals

1 persistent, unearthly stench

Comments:

Though mostly clean, there is sometimes a mountain of paper towels growing out of the garbage can. The urinals also could use an update and cleaning.

Overall

-1 out of 5 flushes, without that smell, i might give it a 1 or 1.5

9 comments:

  1. This site is so awesome haha I love that you review restrooms! Have you ever considered reviewing the toilets in Calgary? That's where I'm from and I'd love a guide like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate using public restrooms. They are absolutely disgusting! I am so glad the toilets in Edmonton are clean and not filthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about the toilets near Edmonton. Thanks for keeping me posted. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing about the toilets in Calgary. Thanks for keeping me posted. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are these toilets high tech? I was up in Calgary, and well, I saw a mix of bad and good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally! Someone who understands that a plethora of toilets is a good thing! There are some people up in Calgary who don't understand this, and it gets annoying fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stinky toilets? That is the worst! I'm just looking for a good place that sells toilets in Edmonton? Please let me know, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been to a couple restrooms like this. Most of the ones I have visited have been on my way to various vacation destinations. You learn to get used to it after a while! www.eaglehire.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is why these days some great quality toilets are looked for by many people.

    ReplyDelete